What are the check-in policies at Lufthansa? Complete Info
Lufthansa Airlines is a German airline that covers several beautiful destinations in and around Germany. With Lufthansa amazing customer-friendly service, travelers find this airline very convenient and comfortable to travel with. The main motive of this airline is to provide 100% customer satisfaction and to achieve that, Lufthansa provides several check-in options to its passengers.
During this pandemic situation, with the Lufthansa check in policy, you will be able to generate your boarding pass without getting in contact with anyone.
Several ways to check in on Lufthansa
There are several check-in options through which you can check-in without facing any rush. With Lufthansa’s different check-in options, travelers find it very convenient and smooth to proceed with check-in even without visiting the physical airport. This Lufthansa check in options will help you generate your boarding by clicking on some links and filling out some required information.
The most advisable and popular way to check in with your flight is by using digital media and mobile services. Lufthansa provides mobile and online check-in facilities to ease the overall travel experience of its travelers.
Several check-in options at Lufthansa:
- Online check-in
- Mobile check-in
- Automated check-in
- Late-night check-in
All you need to know about check-in options
To understand the several check-in options that Lufthansa provides, read through the following mentioned points:
1. Online Check-in:
- Lufthansa online check in enables you to book your flight by sitting at home or working at the office.
- With the online check-in facility, you can easily print your boarding pass by yourself without having to go through any hassle.
- You can check-in 23 hours before your departure, all you need to do is choose your seat and process the printing of your boarding pass
- This process is proven to be time and cost-effective as the traveler can easily book their preferred flight in real-time
2. Mobile check-in
Who would not like to get a check-in option as early as 23 hours before the departure of your flight? Read the following points to understand how Lufthansa mobile check in is an advisable option:
- With your smartphone in your hand, you can check in for your flight and obtain a boarding pass
- Just visit the official website of Lufthansa or you can also download the Lufthansa app
- After your check-in from your mobile phones, you will receive the boarding pass by email or you will receive an SMS hyperlink
- The boarding pass can be obtained on all routes from Germany
- After having received the boarding pass, you can manage your booking offline if you have access to Lufthansa mobile app
3. Automated check-in
Automated check-in is one of the Lufthansa check in options, through which you can effectively obtain your boarding pass. Read the below-mentioned points to get better guidance about it:
- If you are a Lufthansa profile user and have a Miles subscription, then you can enjoy an even more comfortable way of check-in.
- The automated check-in allows you to obtain a boarding pass automatically after the completion of the check-in process.
- You are eligible to check-in via your booking confirmation link if you are a Miles customer
- If you are not a Miles user, you can register with the automated check-in by following the link of your booking confirmation
- You will receive the boarding pass through email or via text on the mobile number provided by you
- Even if you need to change your seat after the automated check-in, you can do it by following the link from your mobile boarding pass
4. Late-night check-in
Late-night check-in is one of the most popular check-in options especially amongst group travelers:
- Lufthansa Airlines provide late-night check-in for all of its flights and it can be available on several airports
- Check-in your baggage 23 hours prior at a drop-off counter while you choose your seat
- After that, you will be able to take your boarding pass and you can proceed for your flight directly to the airport the next day
- Please note that, with late-night check-in, you are subjected to check in with an Economy class ticket only
- If you are a tour group, check-in can be accepted through only an authentic tour guide. Make sure that your guide must have an official identity proven to proceed with the process
- If the late-night check-in is to be done by small groups, then one member can proceed with the check-in on behalf of everyone
- The person checking in must carry documents and official identification proof of all the members of the group
When to check-in at Lufthansa?
Check Lufthansa check in time before you make your reservations with Lufthansa Airlines. The deadlines provided on the official website of Lufthansa may vary from airport to airport. You must look up the check-in deadlines to assure that you get on board with your flight on time. Follow the given instructions to understand check-in deadline at Lufthansa even better:
- Before the deadline, you must seize your boarding pass, no matter if you have checked in online or any other method
- To find out the deadlines of your flight, kindly visit the mentioned hyperlink- https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/check-in-deadlines
- After visiting the link, you will get all the necessary details regarding the Lufthansa check in time
- To get the details, type in your flight confirmation number and then click on "Display check-in information".
How do I contact Lufthansa for check-in related help?
Getting a hold of a representative at Lufthansa is not a big deal as the customer support at Lufthansa is highly agile and cooperative. Follow these easy-to-do steps and you will be able to connect through them:
- Visit the official Lufthansa Airlines page
- Scroll down to the end of the page and find the Customer Service section
- In the section, you will find the help and contact option; click on it
- A new homepage filled with contact information will appear on your screen
- From the Other Topics, choose the Check-In option
- You will then see an FAQ page to help you relate your queries and get resolve your problem
- The support service number is available from Monday to Friday and between 09:00-22:00
Or, you can also get assistance via the live chat process, type in your query and shoot it to the customer support of Lufthansa. You will get the most suited solution to your problem as soon as possible.
With a flexible Lufthansa check in policy, you will be able to find instructions and suggestions related to it. While making your booking with Lufthansa make sure you go through all the given details to stay away from any surprising consequences. Choose your best-suited check-in option and enjoy your comfortable flight without facing any trouble.
Lufthansa Check-in Resources