What is the check-in policy at KLM?
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the most trustable airline worldwide. Although you will enjoy the extreme comfort and joy of traveling with KLM, the airline also allows its passengers to book their flights with great check-in flexibility. KLM has introduced several check-in options to avoid any rush and hassle at the airport, and travelers can even compare, book, and manage their flights and get the best possible opportunity.
So, if you wish to travel to your next vacation destination with KLM, it is advisable to go through the KLM check-in policy to make an even more reasonable choice.
Several ways to check-in at KLM
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines strives to provide an untroubled flight experience to its travelers, so the service itself starts from easy and contactless check-in options:
- Check-in Online
- Mobile Check-in
- Check-in with Self service kiosk
- Check-in desk at the airport
- Check-in with SkyPriority
All you need to know about KLM check-in options
1. Check-in Online:
If you are checking in online, you are free to check in from about 30 hours of your scheduled flight departure. Travelers prefer online check-ins, especially during the pandemic, to stay safe and avoid long queues at the airport. For KLM online check-in, follow the given steps:
- Tap the check-in button and proceed with the instructions
- Choose your preferred seat and other amenities, if you need any
- Generate your electronic pass
- You can also print your ticket boarding pass at the self-service desk at the airport if needed
2. Mobile Check-in:
You can print your boarding on your own by using KLM mobile application. Follow the given instructions to complete your mobile check-in:
- Tap on the check-in button to log in
- Choose the most suitable seat for yourself and add amenities, if needed
- Generate your electronic boarding pass
- With mobile check-in, you would also get updated with the flight considerable changes like delays, gate changes, and other flight-related information
3. Check-in with Self service kiosk
- If you are looking for check-in at the airport, it is advisable to reach the location at least two hours prior to the departure of your booked flight
- The self-service desk at the KLM airport is straightforward to operate, but still, if you need any assistance related to the check-in process, you can call the KLM attendant anytime you want
- Steps to check-in using the self-service kiosk at the airport:
- Insert your passport, frequent flyer card, or booking code
- Choose a seat of your preference and add other available amenities
- Pay for the upgrade with your credit card
- The kiosk will then print your ticket boarding pass.
4. Check-in desk at the airport
If you cannot check-in using any of the aforementioned methods, you can also use the check-in desk available at the airport. However, the desk can be a little preoccupied, so you might want to come as soon as possible to get your boarding pass in real-time at the airport. For KLM airport check-in, visit the physical airport check-in kiosk and hand over the not-allowed or not-so-important baggage and generate your boarding pass.
5. Check-in with SkyPriority
- This is considered as the best and quickest way to check-in at the KLM airport:
- SkyPriority is a privilege provided by KLM Airlines to First and Business class travelers.
- Look for the red SkyPriority signs or just use the SkyPriority finder.
- At the dedicated SkyPriority counter, experience the quick check-in procedure.
How do I check in on KLM?
KLM allows you to check in to your flight at least 30 hours before the scheduled flight departure. If you are catching your flight to or from the United States, you must make sure that you check-in at least 24 hours from the actual departure timing of your flight.
With KLM, you can check in any time by any of the mentioned methods:
- Ticket booking number: Type in your booking number or code, enter your flight number, click on the Check-In option; you are good to go
- Loyalty program number: Choose your Loyalty Programme, your Loyalty Programme Number, the flight number, click on the Check-in option, and you can successfully generate your check-in boarding pass
What are KLM check-in and baggage drop-off timing?
KLM allows you to find your check-in and baggage drop-off times for all the possible destinations of the flights. The traveler is required to research the check-in times by visiting only the official website of KLM.
Online check-in and baggage drop-offs
- If you are checking in online, then you are free to check in from 30 hours to 1 hour before the actual departure of your booked flight
- The self-service kiosks of KLM can be made available for check-in on the day of departure
- Most of the airports provide regular check-in deals and baggage drop-off stations
- The tiniest margin to check-in and drop-off your baggage is 2 hours for Europe and 3 hours for intercontinental before the scheduled departure of your flight
- There may be possible times when the travelers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 2-3 hours before the departure
- It is stipulating to take into consideration the long queue at the airport at the baggage drop-off kiosks
KLM takes no claim if you are late and could not reach the check-in gate at a time, so understand KLM check-in time and baggage policy while you are booking your flight with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
How to get check-in-related help at KLM?
If you are getting any trouble or issue with your check-in and want to get assistance, then follow the given steps;
- Visit the official website of KLM Airlines.
- Scroll to find the Contact Us section
- There you will see three contact methods
- Via WhatsApp: You can share your queries by messaging KLM on their official WhatsApp number provided on the website
- Via Messenger: You can also visit the official Facebook page of KLM and use Messenger as a way to communicate with a customer support representative
- And, all contact options: Or, you can resolve your query by following three simple steps:
- Topic: From the given frequently occurring issues, choose your topic- Manage my booking and check-in
- Request: After choosing your query, select ‘I need help checking in for my flight.’
- Solution: Choose your request, and you will be redirected to the most appropriate solution and contact details of the concerned representatives of KLM
- KLM service line +1 800 618 0104, the service line is open from Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM
KLM Check-in Resources
The KLM check-in policy is designed to provide comfort and untroubled travel to travelers. So, book your flight with KLM now and enjoy a comfortable air ride to your destination.