What is the check-in policy of Indigo?
Indigo is a low-cost airline with its headquarter in Gurgaon, India. The airline is known as the largest airline in India and is highly appreciated for its incredibly welcoming environment. The airline intends to provide a smooth travel experience to its guests.
Indigo has introduced several check-in options to ease the booking, checking in, and boarding hassle.
What are the ways to check in on Indigo?
One of the most considerable things about Indigo is that it tends to provide travelers with all the needs and requirements in real-time. The Indigo check-in policy is designed to provide an utter sense of comfort to its passengers. Below mentioned are some of the check-in ways that Indigo provides:
- Web Check-in
- App Check-in
- Auto Check-in
- Kiosk Check-in
- Airport Check-in
Several check-in options on IndiGo
Take assistance from the below-given points to understand the check-in process at Indigo:
1. Web Check-in:
- Web check-in at Indigo allows you to print your boarding pass and proceed with the baggage customs without having any contact and hassle.
- Web check-in is the most popular method to check in nowadays, with Coronavirus sitting in every corner.
- With Web check-in, you can easily print your boarding pass effectively without having to face any problem.
- Indigo, being a low-cost airline, allows you to manage your booking by covering everything online during your web check-in process.
- The best part of Web Check-in is that it is cost and time-effective as well.
- Save yourself from the chaotic rush and never lasting queues at the airport for the check-in process.
2. App Check-in
- As per the Indigo check-in policy, if you choose application check-in, you can automatically sign in with the check-in kiosk.
- The app check-in with Indigo helps you sign in to the Indigo portal and generate boarding passes without physical contact with anybody.
- With app check-in, all you need to do is download the GoIndiGo app on your phone and proceed with the check-in process without being disturbed by any external element.
- Travelers find this method very smooth and user-friendly as the application contains no difficult terms that can not be understood easily.
3. Auto Check-in
- With auto check-in, your boarding pass will be emailed to you as soon as the check-in process is completed.
- This check-in method helps you to check-in without having to select any seats.
- Getting checked in with auto check-in, you will manage complete customer notifications and enter into the Indigo digitized airport environment.
- The boarding pass will be emailed to you at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
4. Kiosk Check-in
- When you visit the physical Indigo airport, you will see a kiosk machine.
- The machine helps you to obtain your boarding pass all by yourself.
- This is a more suitable and convenient method to check in with your flight without facing any chaos and hassle.
- Well, fill up your flight confirmation number, select your seat and print your boarding pass before the scheduled departure of your flight.
- No matter if the airport attendants are busy or preoccupied, you can yourself print your boarding pass without facing any trouble
5. Airport Check-in
- If you have checked the Indigo check-in time, you would know the best-suited time to visit the airport to check in for your air travel journey.
- If you are going with the airport check-in facility, you might have to complete the check-in process 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of your IndiGo flight.
- The boarding gates tend to close 60 minutes before the departure of flights.
- Passengers are required to reach the airport before the assigned timings for Indigo airport check-in.
- It is highly recommended to provide yourself ample time if you want to experience smoother travel with Indigo airlines.
- Indigo legally reserves the rights, and if you are not obliged with the check-in timing set by Indigo, then you might not be able to check-in for your flight.
How to check in on Indigo?
IndiGo is one of the best choices if you are planning your next trip to and across India. During the Covid period going on, everyone is scared to visit the airport for the check-in process. But if you want to travel because of some urgency, the best thing to do is use a web check-in method. So follow some easy and doable steps to proceed with your Web check-in:
- Visit the official Indigo website
- On the homepage, you will see a Check-in Tab; click on it.
- You will be required to fill in your Booking Reference Number and your last name in the Fields section.
- A Passenger page will appear on your screen.
- Here, you can select the seat for yourself, or you can also check in through the automatic seat to you.
- A Health Declaration page will appear on your screen; you need to attach a file that declares that you are outstanding to travel with Indigo.
- If you have constructively followed the given steps, you can print your boarding pass with immediate effect.
So, getting a boarding pass is not a tiring task; you can just relax on a chair and proceed with the check-in procedures.
What is Indigo check-in timing?
Go through the below-mentioned points to understand Indigo check-in time even better:
- Check-in online if you do not wish to pay any extra charges; it is advisable to check in 48 hours to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- If you are taking assistance from the customer representative at the airport for the check-in of your Indigo flight, then you may be subjected to up to ₹ 200.
- Approximately 60 minutes before the scheduled flight, the check-in gates close, so make sure that you reach the airport on time.
- But if you want to check in with your web, you can do that anytime up to 1 hour before the pre-decided departure of your Indigo flight.’
- You can check in and print your boarding pass for your next flight with the convenient IndiGo mobile Application.
After you have booked your flight with IndiGo, no matter what trouble you are going through, the customer support at IndiGo will help you out anytime you want.