How can I check-in at Ethiopian Airlines?
Known as the flag carrier of Ethiopia, Ethiopian Airlines’ check-in policy is structured to provide an easy and comfortable flying experience to its guests. The flexible check-in option at Ethiopian is installed to give a smooth and time-effective booking and boarding experience to the travelers.
Here you will understand the check-in policies and several check-in methods catered by Ethiopian Airlines.
What are the several ways to check-in at Ethiopian Airlines?
The Ethiopian Airlines check-in policy allows you to check-in for your flight through:
- Online Check-in
- Airport Check-in
Everything you need to know about the check-in options at Ethiopian Airlines
Ethiopian Airlines Online check-in
Follow the given steps, and you will be able to check-in online-
- Visit the official Ethiopian Airlines website from your search engine.
- On the home, you will see a link for the web check-in; follow the link.
- Now, enter your name, frequent flyer number and click on Continue.
- You will the details of your flight.
- Select the sector of your flight and then click on Select or Change Seat
- Furthermore, you will be able to change your seat or reserve a new one.
- Click on the Check Baggage button.
- Now, next, you will be able to see information related to Hazardous Material; read that carefully.
- Select the No option if you agree with the information, now provide the number of baggage you will be carrying with you on the plane.
- Lastly, click on Check-in to finish the checking process and print your boarding pass.
Ethiopian Airlines Airport check-in
If you are choosing Ethiopian Airlines airport check-in, then visit the physical airport and choose any of the mentioned methods:
Check-in at the counter:
- Visit the check-in counter at the physical airport and get friendly assistance from the staff members of the airport
- Well, Your baggage will be taken care of by them, and they will provide you with a boarding pass for your flight.
- You can also take help from the self-service kiosk machine to print your boarding pass.
- All you need to do is provide your confirmation number and your last name.
- Now select your seat to complete your check-in process.
You can find detailed information about airport check-in on the official page of Ethiopian Airlines.
What is the Ethiopian Airlines check-in timing?
A traveler must abide by the Ethiopian check-in time if they wish to check-in without facing any hassle and consequences:
- The passengers are suggested to arrive at the check-in gate about 30 minutes before the flight's scheduled departure if one does not have baggage to drop off.
- But if the passenger has to drop off the baggage, then they are requested to arrive at the web check-in counter one hour before the boarding.
- If the air ticket is for a domestic flight, then arriving 45 minutes before departure is advisable.
What is Ethiopian Airlines’ online check-in eligibility?
There are few exceptions with the Ethiopian Airlines online check-in availability; some of them are listed below;
- Make sure that the operating carrier is Ethiopian
- If the booking is made from any partner airline, visit their official web page to continue with the check-in process.
- If your departure is from any of the mentioned cities, then you are not eligible to check-in for your flight as the online check-in is currently not operating in these mentioned cities:
- Mali (BKO)
- Kenya (MBA)
- Chad (NDJ)
What is required for web check-in on Ethiopian Airlines?
If you are choosing the online method to check in with Ethiopian Airlines, then suffice with the given requirements:
- You must carry an electronic ticket before checking in online.
- The selected flight must be operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- If you have booked a flight operated by partner airlines, you are required to visit the website of the concerned airline for the check-in process.
What documents are required for check-in on Ethiopian Airlines?
- Documents required to check in on Ethiopian:
- A valid passport,
- A valid visa
- Valid entry permits
- Authentic health certificates
- You are required to bring two boarding passes with you to the airport
How do I contact Ethiopian airlines for check-in help?
If you need assistance with check-in at Ethiopian Airlines, follow the given steps:
- Visit the official Ethiopian website
- Scroll down, and you will find the Customer Support section
- Choose Help and Contacts from that section
- Now, you will get several contact options to get through to the Ethiopian representative
- Choose any of your preferred options and get an instant solution for your query
Ethiopian Airlines Check-in Resources
So, with the flexibility of Ethiopian Airlines check-in policy, travelers find this airline customer-friendly and time-effective as well. Book your ticket now with Ethiopian and rediscover the joy of a smooth and safe flight!