What is United Airlines' check-in policy?
Every traveler is required to go through this process of check-in because of security reasons and for the verification purpose as well. If you have booked your flight ticket through United Airlines and you want to check-in before reaching the airport, you can use the Mobile app services or else visit the official website to do web check-in. However, if you are not comfortable using these apps, you are required to visit the airport at least 2 hours before the departure of the flight. Here see some of the basic check-in processes that you can use at the airport.
Type of check-in offered by United Airlines
24-hours before the departure:
Passenger can check in to the airport by following the below-mentioned ways
- Get landing on the website of united.com/checkin.
- Provide the booking reference number and the last name of the passenger or Login to the Mileage Plus account.
- Further, open the united app.
- Tap on the “check-in” box.
- Enter the confirmation number on the ticket and the last name in the shown field.
Things you should remember for Check-in:
- To check in to the airport, time varies with the departure and airport destination.
- Generally, check-in starts 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
At the departure airport:
- To begin the process, visit the self-service kiosk.
- Now here you can print your boarding pass and check baggage.
- Move to the check-in counter of United Airlines.
- Passengers have the option to check-in at the airport by check-in bags with the help of ticket counter kiosks or visiting the representative of United Airlines.
If the passenger is moving outside the United States, then it’s easy to scan your passport with the help of the United app or by visiting the airport kiosk. If you have performed all the scanned of your passport earlier for international travel with United, then you are eligible to check in on united.com. In case the destination needs a Visa, a customer support team at the airport will be required to verify your visa information.
What are the minimum required times for check-in and checking baggage?
- Travelers traveling with the United and United Express-operated flight within the U.S are required to check-in at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure in case of without baggage.
- Travelers traveling within the U.S must do the check-in at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight (United express flights)
- In the case of International (United Express flights), travelers must have check-in 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight whey you have checked baggage or not.
- For all flights to or from Micronesia and the Marshall Islands, you must have to check in at least 90 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight, regardless of whether or not they are checking baggage.
Thus, all the points discussed above is about the united airlines check-in policy, if you require more information, you can visit the airport directly to sort everything related to the baggage policy or check-in.