Air Malta (Malta)
Air Malta is the flag carrier of Malta. The headquarters of the airline is in Gudja and the hub is at Malta International Airport. The airline operates services to various destinations in Europe, Middle East, and North America. Air Malta has also code-sharing arrangements with various airlines such as Aeroflot, Air Baltic, Air France, Air Italy, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, and Czech Airlines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines, and Turkish Airlines. So, with these arrangements, one can fly to various destinations across the world with Air Malta.
Air Malta Seat Reservations and Selection Procedure
You can pick your seat as per your liking and complete your journey on Air Malta. The airline tries to deliver you all customer service so that you can enjoy the best traveling experience. In case you wonder how to get a seat on Air Malta, the airline provides you complete customer service.
Be it aisle seat or window seat, the airline provides you complete support to get your desirable flight seat. The airline gives you an option to select a seat while making Air Malta reservations. In case you can't make seat reservations while booking, you can do that now with the help of the given steps.
- First and foremost, you should go to the website of Air Malta.
- Then you have to choose the Manage My Trips option.
- Next, enter the Confirmation Code, Surname, and click Search.
- After that, follow the instructions and complete the process.
What Kind of Planes Does Air Malta Use?
Air Malta Airlines offers you flights on Airbus A320 family aircraft which are 1 x A319-112, 6 x A320-214, and 3 x A320-251N aircraft.
What Are the Different Seats on Air Malta?
There are multiple flight seat class options on Air Malta and you can enjoy traveling as per your requirements.
- Go Light - To get a flight seat in premium row 1, you may require USD30 charges.
- Go Smart - To get a flight seat in premium row 1, you may require USD23 charges.
- Go Flex - There are no charges to change the flight seats on Air Malta.
Air Malta Check-In Policy
If you want to check-in at the airport, you need to reach the airport 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Only business class flight passenger carrying a handbag can check-in up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight. Also, some exceptions give different closure times:
- St. Petersburg – 40 minutes
- Milan Malpensa – 35 minutes
- Cagliari – 45 minutes
- Rome Fiumicino – 45 minutes
In addition to this, if you travel to or from Benghazi, Algiers, Tripoli, Cairo, and Casablanca, the check-in counter closes 60 minutes before the departure for all types of flight classes.
All airport check-in counters open at least 2 hours before the time of the scheduled departure.
If you check-in online on Air Malta, you can do it 24 hours till 2 hours before the departure time. In this way, you can head on to the departure lounge without waiting for check-in.
Given are the different ways for Air Malta check-in
- Online Check-in
- Mobile Check-in
- Check-in at the airport
- Check-in via phone call.
Air Malta Baggage Policy
As per the baggage allowance, you can travel with different types of baggage.
- Checked Baggage - To travel hassle-free to your destination on Air Malta, the airline allows you to carry one piece of the bag in all classes except Go Light.
- Hand Baggage - Depending upon flight class, the airline allows you to bring one or two hand baggage.
- Excess Baggage - When you travel with more than the decided limit of baggage, you need to pay some additional charges and you can travel with your excess baggage.
- Sports Equipment - Air Malta understands the requirement of sports equipment as well as the passion of sport for you. You can travel in sports equipment. Be it hiking or rock climbing, the airline makes it easy for you to travel with the equipment.
- Special Baggage - When you want to play your favorite instrument at a distant location, traveling will never be a hassle for you as Air Malta gives you the option to carry your musical instruments.
- Baggage Restrictions - There are some items like flammable gas or liquid, sharp or pointy objects, and so on that are not allowed to carry on your flight booking on Air Malta.
- Baggage Handling Policy - Since there might be some wear and tear while carrying your luggage from one place to another, it is advised you to purchase a quality product to get a sea bag.
- Damaged, Delayed, and Lost Baggage – As per the Air Malta baggage policy, when sometimes the baggage gets lost or missed at the airport, you should immediately contact the airport staff or contact the support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact Air Malta from UK?
You can contact Air Malta Customer Service UK by dialing 21662211 for your query related to reservation and change in booking.
How do I get a refund from Air Malta?
You can call on +356-2166-2211 for a refund request or visit www.airmalta.com to place your refund request online.
How do I book Air Malta Flight Online?
To book a flight online follow the given steps:
- Visit the book your trip section on the official website
- And from/to destinations
- Now choose the flight that is best fits your budget.