Lufthansa Compensation and Flight Reimbursement Rules
Lufthansa compensates the passengers in case of delay, overbooking, downgrading, or cancellation. The passengers request the flight change in any such case or for a refund and compensation. The terms and conditions that are needed to be followed before proceeding with Lufthansa flight compensation are mentioned here for you as follows.
- The compensation rules apply to scheduled flights from an EU member state or passengers who have their scheduled flight with an EU airline that leave from a third country and arrive at the EU country. However, they will only be eligible if they haven't received any compensation from the third country.
- They are required to have a confirmed reservation on the flight to claim compensation.
- When they get to the airport, they complete their check before the prescribed time if no time is prescribed 45 minutes before the scheduled departure except in the case of cancellation.
- If people are traveling under the fare that is available to the public.
What to do if Lufthansa cancels your flight?
If you get canceled from your confirmed flight reservation, in that case, you are liable to get Lufthansa canceled flight compensation. Still, there are some situations where the passengers need to be allowed to get the compensation mentioned here.
- People are not entitled to compensation for their flight cancellation under bad weather conditions, political instability, strike, security issues, and issues related to flight safety.
- They are also only allowed compensation if informed about the cancellation 14 days before the departure.
- If they get informed about the cancellation within seven days of departure and the flight is delayed for less than an hour.
- If the people get informed about the cancellation 14 to 7 days before the scheduled departure, and the flight departs in less than two-hour delay and arrives at the destination in less than four hours delay.
Lufthansa flight delay compensation
Travelers with Lufthansa can get compensation for the delay caused by the rules mentioned here.
- The flight gets delayed for more than two hours for a short-haul flight with a distance of not more than 1500 km.
- For medium-haul flights having a distance between 1500km-3000km, the flight gets delayed for more than three hours.
- For long-haul flights having a distance of more than 3500 km and the delay time of the flight is more than four hours.
- They will get free meals and refreshments during their waiting time, hotel accommodation including the travel cost, and a chance to make two free phone calls.
- The airline is not liable to require the given care if the passengers are responsible for the further delay in the flight.
- The airline will not compensate you if the delay is caused due to poor weather, political instability, and security risks.
What happens when a Lufthansa flight is overbooked?
If the passengers denied boarding involuntarily denied boarding at the time of overbooking in that case, they would be liable to claim Lufthansa's delayed flight compensation from the airline.
The passengers can also opt for a flight change, and the airline will provide them with a seat on the next available flight to their destination.
- They also have the absolute right to ask for reimbursement and compensation in case of voluntary and involuntary denied boarding.
- The compensation amount will be €250 for the short-haul flight having a distance of 1500 km.
- The compensation for the medium-haul flight will be €400, ranging from 1500km to 3500km.
- The amount of compensation will be €600 for the long-haul flight having a distance of 3500km.
- Suppose the travelers get offered an alternative flight in no less than two, three, or four hours in the case of small, medium, and long-haul flights. Then they can get compensation of €125, €200, and €300, respectively.
The above-given compensation will be given to them if it is provided that the boarding was denied due to overbooking due to the airline's fault.
What happens if you get downgraded on a Lufthansa flight?
If you are downgraded to any lower class than your original booking in that case as well, the airline will provide you with compensation. The amount of compensation depends upon the distance of the route and the fare prices of the airline ticket paid per segment. If you have to look at the flight's distance, then the compensation amount will be as follows.
- The passengers will get the 30%of their flight ticket amount as compensation if they are traveling on a short-haul flight having a distance of 1500km.
- In the case of a medium-haul flight with a distance of more than 1500 km but less than 3500 km, the compensation amount will be up to 50% of the ticket price paid per segment.
- You will get 75 % of their ticket amount as compensation o their flight ticket if they are traveling on a long-haul flight having a distance of more than 3500 km.
How long does it take to get compensation from Lufthansa?
It will take up to 8 weeks for the passengers to get the compensation for their flight ticket amount in case compensation is requested for the delay, cancellation, or in case of overbooking. The passengers will get compensation in the payment mode through which they have made the reservation.
How to claim Lufthansa compensation?
The passengers traveling with Lufthansa Airlines can claim the compensation by calling the representative at their customer service number, 1800-102-5838. They can also get help by filling out the compensation form available on the airline website.
- The first step is to get onto the airline's official website and look for the compensation form option given on the website's homepage.
- Once you complete the compensation form, you must enter your personal and contact details.
- The reason for which you can claim compensation for your flight ticket and other necessary details.
- If the reservation is made in cash, you must also enter the bank details where you wish to get the compensation.
- Once the details are complete, submit the form to get compensation from the airline.
Disclaimer: Flycoair is an independent travel portal with no third party association. By using flycoair.com, you agree that Flycoair is not accountable for any loss - direct or indirect, arising of offers, materials, or links to other sites found on this website.
** That means the Phone number is associated with Flycoair travel agency, not with any other organisation
Agency* we are entirely acting as an agent, Our aim is to create a connection between travellers and suppliers of travel services. We do not own any travel services or We are not the airlines, hotel, cruise, and car rental as well as we are not associated with any of them. Entire branding is notable for significant purposes only and does not signify any involvement with any airline or organisation.
Fares presented on the website are quoted by the Pricing Strategy of travel services, in circumstances like seat availability and demand it can be different. Additional baggage fees and fees for other services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. The links and other official resources used in this website is only for informative purpose and our main aim is to make things easier for the customers.
The services are offered to the customers by us to help in collecting travel information, availability of travel goods and services and for no other purposes.
Flycoair shall not be liable for any error or inaccuracies, failure on the site, we always try to provide the best possible fares and deals for the customers.
If you have any doubt related to our services then you can drop your queries or concern at email@example.com
Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Get Our Newsletter
Sign up & to receive exclusive deals and discounted Airfare & info for your trip.
Leave Your Review