When can you claim compensation from British Airways?
Suppose you lost your luggage after check-in or you face any issues while traveling, then you can claim compensation, and British Airways is one of those airlines which gives their passengers compensation. The situations in which you get British airways compensation are below, so you can read below to get the complete information.
- If you reach the airport on time and get your boarding pass, but your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours due to any technical fault or staff issue, you can apply for compensation.
- Suppose British airlines inform the passenger to reschedule the flight for any reason (other than weather issues or unavoidable situations), and the time left on the boarding date is less than 14 days. In that case, they can apply for compensation.
- If British airways inform the passenger before 7 to 13 days of departure and arrange a new flight that affects not more than 4 hours to reach your final destination, you can claim.
- If a passenger gets the mail of rescheduling the flight from British airways and the time left on the departure date is less than seven days, then the passenger will claim compensation.
How to claim compensation from British Airways?
Some passengers do not know the complete guidance about sending the claim compensation request; those passengers need to read below to learn the whole process.
Via online: The online process is the simplest way, and if you choose this method, you need to follow the procedure below.
- Open the British airway's official website
- Next, click on to contact us page on which you can see claim compensation from, complement from, and complaint from.
- Further, you must select the claim compensation and fill out the mandatory details like date and timings of flight.
- Next, you need to mention the complete name of the passenger's contact number and the reason for the claim and submit that form.
- Last you will receive a message of successfully applying for the claim on the given contact details and registered mail id.
Claim Compensation through a letter: You can also send a letter in which you have to mention all the mandatory details about passengers and flight and send that to the PO box 1126, Uxbridge, UB89XS, United Kingdom.
When can you not claim compensation?
The situation in which you can not claim compensation is below mentioned.
- According to British airways compensation for canceled flight policy, if you make the bookings from the official website of British airlines and you face a delay for less than three hours, you will not receive any compensation.
- If the flight is canceled by the British airlines, they inform you about this before the 14 days of the departure date; you do not apply for the compensation. The representatives of British airways will connect with you on your mentioned contact details which you give at the time of bookings the flight.
- If you select a departure point other than your original one,n you are not liable to receive any compensation.
- Suppose the flight is delayed or departure time is affected due to air traffic, pollution, bad climate, political issues, or other natural reasons. In that case, you can not apply for compensation.
How much can compensation can you claim with British airways?
If the passenger is making the bookings of EU, then they need to read below the claim amount.
- The passenger will receive 250 to 280 EUR if their flight covers a distance of more than 1500 KM.
- 400EUR to 450EUR if the flight is within the EU and covers 1500KM. For all flights between 1500Km to 3500Km, the passenger will receive 600EUR.
- The amount that passengers will get will be deducted 50% if the official representatives of the British airlines offer them an alternative flight which affects the original schedule time by 2 hours for flights covering 1500Km
- For those flights within the EU, covering a distance of more than 1500Km is three hours.
- Four hours for all other routes and destinations and covering 1500Km to 3500Km.
How long do British Airways take to pay compensation?
You will get the compensation within five weeks if you make the bookings from British airways' official website.
By reading above, you will learn about British airways compensation for delayed flights and many other things. You can connect with the official representative to learn different things about British Airways.