Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Policy 24 Hours, Refund & Fee
What is the Flight Cancellation Policy of Lufthansa
Lufthansa allows the passengers to cancel their booked flight if they wish to on the basis of terms & conditions of their cancellation policy. If you also want to cancel your flight and want to know the cancellation policy followed by Lufthansa then go through the information given below.
What is Lufthansa Cancellation Policy?
- On the basis of Lufthansa airlines cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight on Lufthansa website whether you have booked it directly with them or through a travel agency.
- You have to submit an online refund request after flight cancellation but in case you have booked your flight through a Travel agency you have to contact them regarding the refund.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy 24 Hours Guide
- You can cancel your flight within 24 hours of original booking without any extra charge. You also have to keep in mind that the scheduled departure of the flight is after 7 days.
- When you cancel a flight after 24 hours of original booking then you have to pay additional charge known as cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee amount you have to pay may vary on the basis of fare rule of the particular flight ticket.
What is the Cost of Cancelling a Flight with Lufthansa?
On the basis of Lufthansa cancellation policy the fee you have to pay for cancelling a flight with them is given below:
- Cancellation fee is 39 dollars when you cancel a flight but take no action within the time limit of 48 hours.
- Cancellation fee is 50 dollars for cancelling an award ticket.
Contact Lufthansa call center for more details about cancellation policy or your any other query.
Lufthansa Refund Policy: Get All the Important Faqs
How to get Lufthansa airlines ticket refunded Online?
To get the refund of the Lufthansa flight you need to follow the given instructions:
- Visit Lufthansa website
- Click on the option at the top of the screen My Bookings
- You need to enter your Booking Code along with your last name and press next
- Now you need to select the option for the Cancellation
- Confirm your action to complete the cancellation process
Once you cancel the flight, you will get the notification confirming the same. If you have purchased the ticket directly from Lufthansa airlines, you don’t need to take any further action to request for the refund as it will be generated automatically.
If you have purchased the tickets from a third-party website or an agency, you need to contact the point of purchase for the refund request.
How much time do we get to request for the refund through www.lufthansa.com?
If you are trying to get the refund at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight, you will get the option online on the Lufthansa website. As per the Lufthansa refund policy, you will not get this option on the website within 24 hours of the flight departure time you can contact the Lufthansa customer service center at that time.
How much time does it take to refund a Lufthansa ticket?
Generally, in more than 70% of cases, it takes 2 to 3 working days to get the refund generated and credited. If the refund is not calculated automatically due to any reason it may take a longer time than normal because of the manual process.
If the booking not made through Lufthansa Airlines, you should contact the point of purchase to request a refund.
Can I request for online refund if the ticket was purchased by paying cash?
If the flight booking was purchased by paying cash, you can request a refund online anytime. The Lufthansa Airlines representative will get in touch with you to get the details of your bank account to credit the refund amount.
Why there is no Cancellation button available in my booking online?
If you don’t see the cancellation button in your booking online, there could be one of the following reasons:
- You have already requested for the refund.
- The flight booking you have has a departure time within the next 24 hours, so you need to contact the Lufthansa service center for the refund request,
- If this flight is booked through Miles and More so you need to visit www.miles-and-more.com for the further help with the refund.
What is a covered reason for trip cancellation at Lufthansa?
Some circumstances can lead to canceling the flight. And if you are not covered under reputed travel insurance then you come to know how to handle such trip cancellations as compared to those who are clueless about what shall be done and also have to bear the loss of money.
So, if you are on the verge of canceling a Lufthansa Airlines flight or if the cancelation took place from the airline’s end then you shall not panic. But, fortunately, trip cancellation coverage offers passengers reimbursement for up to 100% of the expenses incurred.
But there are some reasons which give passengers the chance to apply for it. Let us know about the reasons which lead to these issues.
Knowing About the Covered Reasons for Trip Cancellation in Lufthansa Airlines!
- The top reasons for canceling a trip by passengers is because of injury or illness. It is unable for some passengers to travel when they are not in the state to even walk. And the same is covered under similar circumstances with a travel companion.
- Another reason for trip cancellation is because of the death of the immediate family member before the trip.
- Also, if a destination is evacuated for any reason like a terror attack or natural disaster.
- The reason for a person's home being damaged or burglarized.