Airline Baggage Fees | Tips to Avoid Paying Extra Baggage Fees
Flying is not inexpensive in the first place, and baggage fees can add to the cost, especially for those looking for a budget trip. Baggage fees are especially troublesome when travelling with a spouse and children, since this automatically results in a large amount of baggage, for which you would have to pay on both sides to and from. Baggage fees are hardly acknowledged and are often overlooked by travelers. Baggage fees will eventually add up and sabotage your efforts to find the cheapest flight, so you should be aware of how to avoid them. If you are wondering how to avoid baggage fees, take a look at the tips below.
Get details on how to avoid paying the baggage fees
Pack as little as possible
- To avoid the baggage charge, packing as less as possible is obviously the best option; however, packing too little is not as simple as it sounds.
- Instead of jeans, choose cotton and other lightweight fabrics. Look for brands that appeal to travelers and are built to be ultra-lightweight.
Fly with airlines who don't charge a checked baggage
- If you want to avoid paying baggage fees while flying, keep in mind that certain airlines don't charge fees for checked luggage up to a certain number.
- Southwest Airlines is a well-known carrier that allows passengers with two free checked bags while flying.
- Similarly, on international flights booking in the main cabin, several airlines allow you to check one bag for free.
Picking the Appropriate Airline Credit Card
- Certain airlines that sell the best travel credit cards give free checked luggage to passengers who fly with them, as a cardholder incentive.
- You must apply for one of the best credit cards available. To be eligible for the free checked bag benefit, some cards demand that you pay for your flight with the card.
Become a part of an airline's elite program
- It is not feasible for all to achieve elite status with an airline, however, if you fly regularly for business or leisure it might not be as difficult.
- Free checked bags, Priority boarding, automatic upgrades, these are all benefits of elite airline status.
- As a result, if you have elite status with a specific airline, you can avoid paying for luggage on your flight trip.
Get a suitcase which is not too heavy
- It is really easy to overlook that the weight of your suitcase is included in the total weight of your luggage.
- Carrying a light-weight suitcase is another choice for avoiding baggage fees.
Don’t book a basic economy
- When looking for a flight, you've probably noticed that the cheapest fares are Basic Economy, but you've probably overlooked the fact that what's not included in it are the baggage fees.
- A carry-on luggage is often not included in Basic Economy fares, let alone a checked bag, which is why you should not book it if you want to avoid paying baggage fees.
Carry multi-use items in your bag
- You can carry the multi-use item in your suitcase on a flight to reduce the amount of baggage you have to carry and avoid paying an extra fee.
- Multipurpose items can be packed during trip especially when it comes to clothing, as you can carry reversible cloth instead of packing many outfits.
The most helpful tips to avoid baggage fees on airlines are mentioned above, and you can use them if you're planning your next flight and want to remain on budget. Furthermore, you can learn about the airline's baggage policies well in advance of making a reservation to determine if you will be required to pay for all of your luggage or will be granted any exemption.
How to avoid paying for seat selection
Flying is one of the easiest ways to travel around the world. It allows people to reach distant destinations in a short amount of time. While most flights are affordable, some are known to be the most expensive fliRead
Are you planning for a trip at the last minute, and would you like to know if you could get any last-minute deals? Then you are on the right page. You will get to read amazing tips to book cheap flights at the lastRead
Greece is a popular holiday destination, attracting millions of tourists every year. If you are planning to fly to this stunning country, one of the most important factors to consider is the cost of your flight. IfRead
Are you planning cheap last-minute flights to Calgary and looking for affordable flights? Here are some tips that will assist you in getting the best deals on cheap flights to Calgary. CRead
If you want to make a flight reservation to Australia but need to know how long is a flight to Australia, then the timing might depend on the departure destination. If you want to travel from the US, the average tiRead
If any inconvenience is caused to you for the negligence of the airline's customer service, you can file a complaint to inform the airline regarding the issues. Read below to know the best way to complain an airlinRead
Disclaimer: Flycoair is an independent travel portal with no third party association. By using flycoair.com, you agree that Flycoair is not accountable for any loss - direct or indirect, arising of offers, materials, or links to other sites found on this website.
** That means the Phone number is associated with Flycoair travel agency, not with any other organisation
Agency* we are entirely acting as an agent, Our aim is to create a connection between travellers and suppliers of travel services. We do not own any travel services or We are not the airlines, hotel, cruise, and car rental as well as we are not associated with any of them. Entire branding is notable for significant purposes only and does not signify any involvement with any airline or organisation.
Fares presented on the website are quoted by the Pricing Strategy of travel services, in circumstances like seat availability and demand it can be different. Additional baggage fees and fees for other services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
All the logos, trademarks & copyright material belongs to their respective owners. The links and other official resources used in this website is only for informative purpose and our main aim is to make things easier for the customers.
The services are offered to the customers by us to help in collecting travel information, availability of travel goods and services and for no other purposes.
Flycoair shall not be liable for any error or inaccuracies, failure on the site, we always try to provide the best possible fares and deals for the customers.
If you have any doubt related to our services then you can drop your queries or concern at email@example.com
Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Get Our Newsletter
Sign up & to receive exclusive deals and discounted Airfare & info for your trip.